Ketoalfa contains all amino acids essential for uremic patients, prescribed as treatment of chronic kidney disease patients on conservative management therapy (CKD stage I, II, III).
Ketoanalogues maintains the nitrogen levels and tend to serve as one of the nutrient for CKD patients.
In combination with very low protein diet/ low protein diet, the medication helps in delaying progression of kidney disease in the predialysis period.
MODE OF ACTION:
In CKD patients it is very important to neutralize the nitrogenous wastes to prevent further degradation of renal functions. Ketoalfa, a Ketoanalogue consisting of amino acids and calcium amino acid compounds, in such patients can make use of the nitrogen in non-essential amino acids and turn them into essential amino acids so as to reduce the production of urea nitrogen and relieves the building up of nitrogenous wastes and other toxic substances in the body. Adding Ketoanalogue to very low protein diets for patients with chronic kidney disease could significantly delay dialysis initiation. Ketoanalogue supplementation during Low protein diet may reduce the risk of commencing long-term dialysis or of developing the composite outcome in patients with advanced CKD, especially when used at an appropriate dosage
- First to launch Alpha Ketoanalogue Sachets in India
- Small size tablet and sachets for better patient compliance
- Nominated for CPHI (India pharma awards)
- No water required can be taken with food.
- Mango flavored sachets with compliance of taking it with curd, Dal, or khichdi so that patient does not miss any dose.
- Kidney dysfunction
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- 1 tablet/5 kg body weight/day, 4 -8 tablets 3 times daily during meals
- Duration – as long as the GFR is between 5 and about 15 mL/min
- 40mg/kg body weight BID FOR SACHET
This information is for registered medical practitioner only. Anyone other than medical practitioner should consult medical practitioner before using this product.
Enquire About Ketoalfa
Fill the form below and we will get in touch with you