Faroeze is an orally active beta-lactam antibiotic belonging to the penem group. Faroeze is a new oral penem which shows broad antibacterial activity against both aerobic and anaerobic gram positive and gram-negative bacteria. Faroeze is bactericidal, with a strong affinity for the high molecular penicillin binding proteins (PBPs) of the cell wall, which is essential for the multiplication of bacilli; it, thus, acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis. Faroeze is highly stable against various beta-lactamases and binds preferentially to the PBPs, 2 and 1A, of Escherichia coli (E. coli)
FAROPENEM 200 mg
MODE OF ACTION:
Faroeze acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell walls. It inhibits cross-linkage between the linear peptidoglycan polymer chains that make up a major component of the cell wall of Gram-positive bacteria. It does this by binding to and competitively inhibiting the trans peptidase enzyme used by bacteria to cross-link the peptide (D-alanyl-alanine) used in peptidoglycan synthesis. Without a pentaglycine crosslink, the integrity of the cell wall is severely compromised and ultimately leads to cell lysis and cell death. Eventually Faroeze binds to PBP and leads to cell lysis and death.
- Respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Community acquired pneumonia
- Gynecological infections
- Upper respiratory tract infections: 150 mg – 200 mg t.i.d.
- Lower respiratory tract infections: 200 mg – 300 mg t.i.d.
- ENT infections 200 mg: – 300 mg t.i.d.
- Genito-urinary infections 200 mg: – 300 mg t.i.d.
- Skin and skin structure infections: 150 mg – 200 mg t.i.d.
- Obstetric or Gynecological infections: 150 mg – 200 mg t.i.d
This information is for registered medical practitioner only. Anyone other than medical practitioner should consult medical practitioner before using this product.
Enquire About Faroeze
Fill the form below and we will get in touch with you