Faroalfa contains two SKUs: Faroalfa and Faroalfa SR. Both contain faropenem, an antibiotic that kills bacteria (bactericidal) by inhibiting the formation of the bacterial cell wall (a protective covering) that is necessary for their survival. Both are used in a variety of bacterial infections caused by bacteria. Faropenem is used in a variety of bacterial infections caused by bacteria.
Faropenem 200mg, Faropenem 300 mg SR
MODE OF ACTION:
Faropenem: It inhibits cross-linkage between the linear peptidoglycan polymer chains that make up a major component of the cell wall of bacteria. It does this by binding to and competitively inhibiting the transpeptidase enzyme used by bacteria to cross-link the peptide used in peptidoglycan synthesis.
- Intestinal infections
- Pyogenic liver abscess
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Inflammation in colon
- Pseudo appendicitis
- Respiratory tract infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Faroalfa: 200 mg 3 times in a day.
- Respiratory tract infection(RTI): 200 mg – 300 mg t.i.d
- Ear, nose and throat infection (ENT): 200 mg – 300 mg t.i.d
- Gynecological infection: 150 mg – 200 mg t.i.d
- Soft and Skin tissue infections (SSTIs): 150 mg – 200 mg t.i.d
- Urinary tract infection (UTI): 200 mg – 300 mg t.i.d
- Faropenam SR dose is one tablet twice a day.
This information is for registered medical practitioner only. Anyone other than medical practitioner should consult medical practitioner before using this product.