Iron Isomaltoside 1000
Iron (III) Isomaltoside 1000 consists of iron and carbohydrate moiety.
Iron isomaltoside 1000 matrix is composed of interchanging strands of linear isomaltoside 1000 with iron atoms placed in cavities between and within the isomaltoside molecules (short, linear, and non-ionic isomaltoside 1000 structure)
Matrix structure enables a controlled and slow release of iron which attaches to iron-binding proteins with little risk of free iron toxicity.
Plasma half-life is 5 hours for circulating iron and 20 hours for total iron (bound and circulating)
- Rapid infusion and flexible dosing
- Controlled and slow release of bioavailable iron
- Low risk of free iron
- Low incidences of hypophosphatemia
- Reduce the risk of induced immune reactions in vivo
- Reduced risk for heart related complications
- Effective and well tolerated by CKD patients on HD
- Suitable for administration in primary care and other non-hospital settings
Iron Isomaltoside 1000 (100mg/ml)
MODE OF ACTION:
Following IV administration, ISOALFA is rapidly taken up by the cells in the reticuloendothelial system (RES), particularly in the liver and spleen, from where iron is slowly released for use. Circulating iron is removed from the plasma by cells of the RES which split the complex (iron and isomaltoside 1000). Iron is immediately bound and stored, mainly in ferritin. Iron replenishes haemoglobin and depleted iron stores.
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
Recommended Dose: 20mg / kg BW / week
IV bolus (<500mg): 250 mg per minute
Infusion rate (>500mg, upto 1500mg): over 30 minutes
This information is for registered medical practitioner only. Anyone other than medical practitioner should consult medical practitioner before using this product.